Skatelite is the leader in composite skate park surfaces. Used on X-Games and Dew Tour ramps to your local municipal skate park, Skatelite has defined what a preferred skate park surface is. Buyskatelite.com is the official e-commerce distributor of Skatelite, Skatelite Pro and Skatelite OCC. Our goal is to provide custom ramp builders the finest skating surface. BuySkatelite.com has made Skatelite available direct to you by offering the convenience of online ordering and shipping (for full details see our shipping policy in terms and conditions). If there are any questions with your purchase please contact:
Tips for Skatelite installation
Buyskatelite.com is not a skatepark manufacturer or a distributor of ramp plans and/or construction techniques. We cannot warrant structural integrity of ramp construction, though, for your reference we have included some information on working with Skatelite products.
- Pre-drill and countersink (1/4") all screw holes in the sheet
- Exterior grade screws should be used
- The Skatelite should be fastened every eight inches in the field and perimeter
- A minimum of 1/2" substrate should be used under all Skatelite products. Marine grade plywood is recommended.
- Optional: Further prolong the life of your ramp by installing tar paper under the Skatelite to help protect your substrate from weather.
- Alternate seams of the substrate and the Skatelite for a balance of weight, rider traffic on corners, and as an additional protection against weather that may affect your substrate.
- All fasteners should fasten to the frame of the ramp, not just the substrate
- 1/8" space should be maintained between adjoining sheets for expansion
- Screws need to be applied straight into the predrilled hole. 'Biting' into the material at an angle may cause damage
- When fastening on a transition the sheet should be fastened by a pattern of; From the bottom 2 center rows go up three screw holes. Then the perimeter holes should be filled to the center height. Repeat up the sheet. This is done to protect the screws from breaking through the sheet because of too much tension on 1 point.
- If a chip occurs we recommend getting 2 part all weather epoxy and skim coat over the damaged area to prevent more flaking of the product.
Buyskatelite.com is not a skatepark manufacturer, Skatelite installer or a distributor of ramp plans. Skatelite is warranted for manufacturer’s defects and/or damages in shipping. The manufacturer does not warrant any piece that has been altered in any way except by certified Skatelite installers.
Buyskatelite.com is an e-commerce distributor of Skatelite, Skatelite Pro and Skatelite OCC. It is our intent to offer this material as skate ramp surfacing and to coordinate shipping of the purchased product, see terms and conditions for our shipping policy. Buyskatelite.com hopes to achieve customer satisfaction on all orders, online or otherwise. http://www.buyskatelite.com